When we debate taxation, there are questions I never hear asked… and today I will ask them.
Obviously unfair, right? It should be fixed, right? So what is the solution?
Warren Buffet wants taxes raised on the rich and a Senate committee agrees.
So here are my questions:
- Why not reduce the middle class tax rate instead?
- Why does every proposal to create fairness and equality require that we crack down on those that have most freedom?
- Why doesn’t Warren propose that the middle class only pay 17.7%?
- How do you benefit if someone else has less and the government has more?
- Why give the government more money? Do you think they are responsible with the trillions they already have?
It reminds me of a child tattletale saying, “How come Joey gets to do that?” and the teacher says, “Oh I didn’t notice, we’ll have to make a rule against that. Joey stop it.”
The tattletale feels smug, Joey lost his freedom, and neither is better off. They are now equally miserable. Not my kind of fairness… I like solutions that result in more freedom, not less.