After asking, “What am I doing that’s exceptional?”… I took a walk through a nature preserve and contemplated the question. I didn’t find an answer, but another question popped into my head that led me closer to the answer…
What am I contributing?
That question is at the root of all success, isn’t it?
People say creating value is the key to writing great posts. But where does value come from? It comes from a deliberate intent to contribute to the well being of someone else.
- Do you want a happy family? What are you contributing?
- How about a strong relationship? Are you willing to contribute?
- Do you want more traffic to your website? What does it contribute?
- Do you want better results in social media? What are you contributing to these communities?
- What about your business or career? How does your work contribute to others?
- Do you want more ad revenue? What are you contributing to your advertisers?
- What about your health? What are you willing to contribute to your own well-being?
Being exceptional requires remarkable contributions.