This blog was born on 9-17-2006. 30 days latter it surpassed the 100,000 visitor mark.
I know this blog has a long way to go, but we are off to a good start. I am not an expert. I don’t have the experience. I gleaned good ideas and/or inspiration from each of these people and sites. If you intend to create a high traffic blog, apply the knowledge provided by these people.
I am grateful for the following people, websites, and blog posts:
- Steve Pavlina – How to Make Money From Your Blog – This post is not only about making money, it is about providing value in your blog. He is brutally honest in this post. Do you have what it takes?
- Darren Rowse – His site Problogger.net provides value each day. I found this post valuable. My first inbound link came from his Problogger Group Writing Project.
- Wendy Piersall – emomsathome.com provides value with every post. Her Values Conflict series (post 1, post 2, post 3) helped me eliminate mental obstacles to success.
- Brian Clark – His tips at copyblogger.com about writing on the internet are gold. A powerful post.
- Richard MacManus – He compiles great information on next generation web technology at Read/Write Web. This post helped me understand social bookmarking.
- Leon Ho – Lifehack.org planted the seed that grew into this blog. This post changed my life.
- Creating Passionate Users has four authors, Kathy Sierra, Bert Bates, Elisabeth Freeman, and Eric Freeman. This is a powerful post on writing by Kathy.
- Joe Vitale – At Beyond Marketing, I learned how to apply the ‘Law of Attraction’ to my life. Joe is dynamite. Read this post. See this movie. Watch him on Larry King Nov. 2nd and Nov 16th.
- Lyman Reed – Creating a Better Life linked to some of my first posts. Lyman gave me great advice on dealing with comment trolls, ask him and he might tell you. When I was down, his encouragement was priceless.
- Josh Kaufman – His blog and his concept of the Personal MBA inspired me to break through my own limiting beliefs about education and success.
- Uncommon Business Ideas – It forces me to think outside my limiting beliefs.
- Charles Haanel – In The Master Key System, Charles showed me how power lies within myself. I recommend this book to everyone, no matter what you want to accomplish.
- The Balanced Life Center – This blog inspires me to be the best I can be. Thanks for hosting so many carnivals and the Season of Gratitude.
- Seth Godin – Every post is a gem. But this one stood out.
- Jonathan Leger – SEO tips. The advice in this post has worked wonders.
- Steve at The Fast Lane – This post says it all. Do you intend to be successful? Then what do you think about?
- Jakob Nielsen – This article from 1997 is buried treasure.
- Tony Clark – Success from the Nest inspires me. The design is perfect. It’s simple and classy. Tony is living a lifestyle I intend to live.
- The blog starter checklist on Squidoo.
- Blog Carnival.com – Find your niche and join a carnival.
If you were looking for specifics…
I don’t have any except these:
- I read the stuff above
- I contacted other bloggers
- I wrote my posts
- I participate in and submit to social web 2.0 sites (Reddit, Digg, Delicious, Netscape, Stumble Upon) and blog carnivals.
I’m sure there are other sites and people that contributed to reaching this milestone, so I apologize for forgetting and thank you all.
Oh! I want to thank one more person…
Alex Pippit – Without your inspiration I would have never found my passion for writing. It is a privilege to know you.
This has been submitted to the Season of Gratitude Series. You can participate by sharing your gratitude moment, reading about others, or commenting. Click here for details.