I’m IT in a game of tag going around the Blogosphere. Nneka tagged me yesterday. In this game, the IT (me) reveals five little known things about themselves so visitors can learn a little more about the blogger and then I tag more bloggers IT. So here are my five.
- My wife and I have been together for over 18 years. We met in October of 1988 at 19 years old. Statistics say our relationship should have never lasted. But I think beginning our lives together at a young age is one of the biggest strengths in our relationship. We grew up together and it was difficult at times, but today we understand each other in a way that few couples who meet at an older age will ever know. She’s my soul mate and my old war buddy. I’m very grateful for that.
- I am a pilot. I earned my Private pilot license years ago. I have about 400 hours and have completed about half of my Instrument Rating.
- I spent years as a political activist. I even ran for state office in 1996 and lost 35% to 65%. But I did manage to get 45% of the vote in a major suburb of the twin cities. I’m glad I ran because I learned a lot, but I am also grateful I lost because I am not a politician today. Thank You voters!
- I am a history buff. My most recent obsession is African history. One specific interest is the Second Boer War.
- I love Heavy Metal. Almost all genres of metal. Speed, Glam, Classic, Nu, Thrash, Death, Black, Hair, Classic, and Power Metal. I played in 3 metal bands when I was younger.