Steve-olson.com, Soconik, Inc. its editors, writers, or anyone else affiliated with the site or its management, is not responsible for ANYTHING you do or neglect to do. Everything on Steve-olson.com.com is expressed as simple opinion and/or satire and you are advised to seek input from professionals before you do anything we either recommend or recommend against. To sum it up, you are on your own should you use our advice or tips.
All content on Steve-olson.com is protected against commercial use and plain old copying. Basically, we don’t care if you are going to send it to your friends, church, school, or family. If you want to publish our content on your website, wiki, or blog, feel free to use a portion of the post and link back to the original post on this site.
If you would like to print an entire article in your magazine or other hard copy publication, please let me know. I always allow this, however, I want to know where we are in print.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
By commenting, you agree to the following:
- Keep comments on topic – any comment that appears to be off-topic will be edited or deleted.
- No keywords in author names – we prefer that you use your real name or your normal nickname. If we suspect you’re using an author name to simply include targeted keywords, we’ll either edit or delete your comment.
- External linking – external links are ok, if they are relevant to the original post and your comment. Simply linking to your own site or blog post will be frowned upon.
- Profanity – some harsh language may be allowed, but we reserve the right to edit out anything we find gratuitous or offensive.
- Personal attacks – personal attacks on the authors or other commentators will result in an immediate ban.
- Editor’s right – While we encourage comments that challenge or offer constructed criticism, we reserve the right to edit or remove any post, for any reason.
We appreciate our readers and thank you for adding to the discussion. We hope the above will help you to add value to Steve-olson.com, find value in the comments of others, and continue enjoying the site.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act :
It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. This page describes the information that should be present in these notices. It is designed to make submitting notices of alleged infringement to Steve-olson.com as straightforward as possible. The form of notice specified below is consistent with the form suggested by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://www.copyright.gov).
Regardless of whether we may be liable for such infringement under local country law or United States law, our response to these notices may include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and/or terminating users. Please note that in addition to being forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content, a copy of this legal notice may be sent to a third-party which may publish and/or annotate it.
You can file a notice of infringement with us through our Contact Form. Submitting a notice online ensures the quickest handling and processing of your request.
To file a notice of infringement with us by contact form or regular mail, you must provide communication that sets forth the items specified below. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Indeed, in a past case (please seehttp://www.onlinepolicy.org/action/legpolicy/opg_v_diebold/ for more information), a company that sent an infringement notification seeking removal of online materials that were protected by the fair use doctrine was ordered to pay such costs and attorneys fees. The company agreed to pay over $100,000. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
To submit a notice by Online Contact form or mail, please use the following format (including section numbers):
1.Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon. This post must include identification of the specific posts or comments. Posts must be referenced by the permalink of the post.
2. Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above.
YOU MUST IDENTIFY EACH POST BY PERMALINK OR DATE THAT ALLEGEDLY CONTAINS THE INFRINGING MATERIAL. The permalink for a post is usually found by clicking on the title of the post.
3. Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit Steve-olson.com to contact you (email address is preferred).
4. Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material described above on the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
5. Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
6. Send the written communication to the following address:
Attn: DMCA Complaints
3806 W. Hwy 13
Burnsville MN 55337
Any correspondence you send to Steve-olson.com via email, through a subscription request or by any other means, is kept 100% private. When subscribing to our RSS feed for email delivery, that subscription is housed at Google and kept secure. Your email address, name, and other identifying information is never released to any third parties.
Steve-olson.com’s commenting system, does ask for an email address but it is not mandatory. Again, your email address, name, and other identifying information is never released to any third parties.
Steve-olson.com.com uses Google Analytics to gauge interest and identify trends on our site. Those services will display your City, State, Country and IP address. However, that information is not retained by us nor is it tracked in any meaningful way.
Link and Advertising Disclaimers:
Steve-olson.com does indeed link to several sites and display advertisements. We do not vouch for the security and/or privacy policies on those sites nor do we accept any liability for anything you purchase or download from the sites we link to. We try to monitor the ads shown and remove ads that we don’t deem as appropriate, however, I still don’t and won’t guarantee that all ads shown on this site are safe. Therefore, use the same caution on this site as you would with any other. Just because you saw something here doesn’t mean it’s safe.
Compensation and other possible conflicts of interest:
While the overwhelming majority of the links on this site are unpaid, I do occasionally link to products on Amazon.com (for example). In those cases I get paid a small percentage in the event you actually purchase products. This is just an example but to broadly address the new requirements by the US Government regarding stating potential conflicts of interest, just assume that any link provided on this site is paying me something – albeit money, a lunch, a smile, or a book. As a side note to this, I do NOT accept payment for posts or coverage.
Please perform due diligence before signing up for anything or providing personal information to any other sites on the Internet.
Should you have any questions pertaining to any of these issues, please contact me immediately.